1) the Principality of Andorra
2) the Kingdom of Belgium
3) the Kingdom of Denmark
4) the Principality of Liechtenstein
5) the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
6) the Principality of Monaco
7) the Kingdom of the Netherlands
8) the Kingdom of Norway
9) the Kingdom of Spain
10) the Kingdom of Sweden
11) the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
12) the State of the Vatican City.
In 10 of these the head of state (a monarch) inherits his or her office, and usually keeps it for life or until they abdicate. In the Vatican City (an elected, absolute theocracy), the head of state is the Pope. In Andorra (technically a semi-elective diarchy), the joint heads of state are the elected President of France and the Bishop of Urgell, appointed by the Pope.